Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture won't capture (Canon 9950F)

I have recently bought a Canon 9950F for a specific project. It replaced an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo which worked perfectly but was limited in the size (area) of its film scanning capabilities. I have used a range of software including VueScan and Silverfast v6.6 but the most direct scanning tool I have used is Image Capture. The feature that I really like with Image Capture is the ability to select multiple scan areas in the 'preview' and have Image Capture scan them as a batch. The project I am working on (family archive photos, documents and film negs of various formats) really makes the most of this feature.

I have moved over to the Canon 9950F and immediately noticed that Image Capture does not see the film scanning feature of the 9950F. It scans documents exactly as the Epson 2450 did but does not offer the option of scanning film or transparency, only documents on the flatbed. I have updated the Canon Drivers and the scanner is visible under System Prefs > Printers. VueScan and SilverFast recognise the scanner (but neither have the selectable scanning feature that Image Capture offers) and Photoshop Elements 10 also sees the scanner under File > Import.

Has anyone experienced this problem and, if so, is there a 'work around'.

Many thanks.

iMac 24", Intel Core 2 Duo, 3Gb RAM, OS10.6.8,

24" iMac 2.16GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:08 AM

There are no replies.

Image Capture won't capture (Canon 9950F)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.