Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenflow distorting desktop audio

Hi everyone, so basically having a really frustrating problem with the Screenflow application. I started a topic in the developers own forum but not having any real success so far, so im hoping that I could possibly find someone who could help me.

Heres a summary of the issues and information :

I am running on an early 2009 imac running OS - 10.8.2

I am trying to record minecraft using screenflow however trying to use my Blue Yeti microphone with the software seems to be causing a problem.

When I record without using a mic, or with the built in mic or from my usb headset the sound recorded from the computer comes back clear and fine. But when you try to use my condenser microphone in my case a Blue yeti. The audio recorded from the computer comes back garbled and distorted. The main reason I purchased the software was specifically for this purpose and at £70 not cheap. So I really would appreciate some sort of advice and solution to this issue I tried it seems strange that the microphone would be causing this problem?

this is an example of how its sounding : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03HJ1dTZem8&feature=youtu.be

Lastly I know on the recording the volume of the mic etc isnt very loud i was just rushing these out on the day. Its just to illustrate whats happening.

Really hope anyone has experienced this or has some suggestions thanks guys

Screenflow-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 3:46 PM

6 replies

Nov 26, 2012 11:59 AM in response to Luetin10

USB mics must have the settings changed in Audio Setup as follows:

Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup >

select the mic being used in the input device selection

enter 1 in the value box or drag the slider to change in both the audio input and output sections

the setup window will look a bit different in your Mac OS than mine

User uploaded file

Also keep the mic gain adjuster down, at least half way, to prevent noise

Apr 24, 2013 9:48 PM in response to Luetin10

Hi, I don't know if anyone is still having problems with this. But I just fixed my problem with this by NOT using USB speakers while recording on Screenflow. It turns out to have problems only when using BOTH, the Yeti (USB) mic AND using USB speakers (in my case I was using Bose Companion 5). So choose your regular NON-USB headphones while using Screenflow.

Screenflow distorting desktop audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.