Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad2 has become useless

My iPad2 has practically become useless after installing iOS6. Let me explain:

1. iPad2 no longer syncs with the other Apple products (and vice versa). I am not only talking about Safari, which is the main problem (see below), but also iCloud, calendar, contacts and other apps. Nothing syncs! My iPad2 is like a stand-alone product, not connected to the outside world.

2. Safari has become extremely slow, spending up to 5 min to download a page although the WiFi connection is very strong.

3. Safari's endless searching and downloading means that the battery life is reduced to 2-3 hours, at maximum. However, if I turn off Safari, the battery life is back to 8 hours.

4. Reading List or add/edit bookmarks no longer works in Safari. For example, yhe browser is still trying to save old articles in Reading List for offline reading, since 3 weeks. Bookmarks are also frozen; cannot add, edit or delete the existing bookmarks.

Any views?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iMac 2.7GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:48 PM

14 replies

Nov 2, 2012 12:18 AM in response to 5480

Try the following:

1. Close all inactive apps in the Task Bar. Double-click the Home button and hold apps down for a second or two and tap the minus sign to close app.

2. Try a reset. Hold the Sleep and Home button down for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo

3. If the above doesn't work, you can backup and do a Restore

Nov 2, 2012 8:18 PM in response to 5480

Restore from iTune Backup (i.e. if you have created a Backup earlier)

1. Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings

2. You'll be asked twice to confirm

3. You'll see Apple logo and progress bar

4. You'll see a big iPad logo on screen

5. Configuration start

6. Set language

7. Set country

8. Select Network and input Password>Join

9. Enable Location Service>Next

10. You'll be given 3 options (a) Setup as New iPad (b) Restore from iCloud Backup (c) Restore from iTune Backup

11. Select Restore from iTune Backup

12. You will see picture of USB cable pointing towards iPad

13. Connect iPad to iTune

14. Tap Continue (computer)

15. Restore iPad from Backup (computer)

16. See progress bar with estimated time (computer)

17. See Restore in Progress on iPad

18. See Apple logo

19. See Apple and Progress Bar

20. Slide to Unlock

21. Copying Apps back to iPad (computer)

22. You'll see Loading/Installing/Waiting below the Apps (iPad)

23. Sync Music/Podcast/Movies to iPad (computer)

24. Sync completed (computer)

Nov 17, 2012 9:15 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

So I restored my iPad, completely. However, the restoration did not address my problem because I got the following error message:

User uploaded file

As you see above, I updated my iPad2 to iOS6, which is draining my battery in some hours. The main problem appears to be the fact that Safari is constantly trying to sync bookmarks/reading list with iCloud. The spinning wheel ball is spinning all the time. This prevents me to add/edit/delete any bookmarks and/or reading lists.

iPad2 has become useless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.