Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete or replace Safari mountain in lion HELP!

I used the C net updater and down loaded the Safari up date But its saying cannot use on my version . What the **** is that about . O noted on the dow load it was mountain.

I tried to use time machine to recover , Wont allow it , HOW as I am now broke , and trying to recover my self , i need the links and stuuf sored in there.

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1, Lion 8 gb ram Custom HD screen. 750

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:00 PM

1 reply

Nov 2, 2012 2:14 PM in response to diveactive

AFAIK, you have to be running Safari 6 to use this update. I banned it from my Lion installation because the iOSified version is crap. Here's why:

The unimproved, clear history option, which does more than that (check the help files); unibar URL/search window, trying to get one thing to do multiple tasks (Apple being like a lemming and following the browser crowd); loss of the appearance pref and inability to change standard and fixed fonts and their sizes, via the GUI (even though there is a way using the Terminal defaults command); and, the utterly useless resizable tab bar spanning the entire browser window. None of these changes are needed or required for a useful Safari, but just an attempt to have the computer version mimic the iOS versions.

How to delete or replace Safari mountain in lion HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.