Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge Vaults - is it possible?

I have just returned from an overseas trip and I want to add (merge) the vault on my laptop to my home imac - is this possible? thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:15 PM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2012 5:15 AM in response to Ouchman

Léonie's advise is basically correct (except for that weird reference to the iBook! I think she meant the iMac there 😁)

One thing I would suggest is that after you merge the libraries I would just go ahead and create a new vault from the merged libraries. As a vault is just a snapshot of the current state of the library there would be no advantage to updating the current vault and with the amount of changes the merge will probably cause to the library an update is going to most likely take as long as creating a new vault would.

regards

Nov 2, 2012 5:45 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

(except for that weird reference to the iBook! I think she meant the iMac there 😁)

😠 😊 Oh, no! At least you got a good laugh out of it. 😀 I had to leave in a hurry this morning and never had time to check what the spelling correction did to my post. I am quite accustomed to the spelling correction turning each mention of "Apple" into "Aperture", which can be somewhat embarrassing in the GarageBand forum, but downgrading a MacBook Pro or iMac to iBook is new to me.

Merge Vaults - is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.