Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto keeps opening every 5 minutes

I can't keep iPhoto closed. it's opening itself every few minutes. I close it, and a few minutes later, boom, it launches. I do NOT have a phone or camera plugged into the computer.

This just started. I'm running iPhoto 11 (ver 9.4.2) and OSX 10.8.2 on a year old macbook pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:03 AM

15 replies

Nov 2, 2012 10:22 AM in response to conejo61

Try this basic troubleshooting fix: make a temporary, backup copy (if you don't already have a backup copy) of the library and try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

3 - check to see if iPhoto continues to open by itself or not.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

NOTE 2: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

iPhoto keeps opening every 5 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.