Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver Doesn't Update Photos from iPhoto Album

I can't seem to get the screensaver in AppleTV 3rd gen to update the photos it shows during its screensaver.

In other words, it seems to have cached a certain amount of the photos from the selected iPhoto album and then rarely updates that cache.

I tried restarting AppleTV multiple times while ensuring that my Mac running iPhoto is awake and accessible on the network. I've also removed certain photos from the selected iPhoto album, but more-or-less the same photos keep showing up in the screensaver.

Any ideas on what's wrong and how to get AppleTV to better do what it's supposed to with choosing screensaver photos?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 9:14 AM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2012 8:25 AM in response to sassy monkey

I'm wondering if there's a bug that involves smart albums versus manually created albums.

In addition to using a smart album to find flagged photos from my entire library, I tried adding an item to the smart album that would also show all photos in the latest three Events.

In other words, an album for all flagged photos plus all new photos shot within the last three uploads to iPhoto.

However, the AppleTV screensaver never took any photos from the latest three Events. It just kept finding the same limited set of flagged photos.

Screensaver Doesn't Update Photos from iPhoto Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.