Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn two users into one?

Hey there!

As I selled my MBP last month I copied all its datas to my iMac via migration assistant and created a new user for it. So I have now two accounts with different photos, documents etc.

My problem now is how to turn these two users into one?

I want all my photos appear in Aperture of my first user, I want all my documents appear in "Documents" of the first user and so on..

Is it able? If yes, how could I realize it?

Thanks for your support!

René

PS: 2 Users on iMac -> 1 User on iMac.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), iTunes

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 9:14 AM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2012 9:26 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks for your help at first.

But you usually can't "merge" two "normal" user accounts successfully. If both accounts have datafor the same application, it will be very difficult or impossible to merge them by copying files & folders.

I cannot merge them.. So there is the question how to copy all medias from Aperture to my other Aperture medias?

Can I export my whole medias and import in at the other users Aperture? And how? #

Edit: I dont want to have two different libraries at all.. I want them to be together in just one..

How to turn two users into one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.