Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes won't sync to iCloud on my MBP

This is my issue: iCloud was enabled and I used it to sync notes between my Touch (iOS 5.1.1) and my Macbook Pro (10.8.2). All of a sudden, I noticed my notes weren't syncing. I logged in to iCloud and anything I updated on my iPod synced just fine. But the Mac doesn't sync. I've trashed plist files, repaired disk permissions, reset PRAM and logged in and out of iCloud multiple times, all to no avail. In Sys Prefs, I unchecked Notes, and tried to select it again, but every time, I get this:

"Notes can't be enabled at this time. Wait a moment and try turning on notes again."

Ok, so I've done some googling, and thought maybe adding my me.com address to Mail would help. But when I do that, it says:

The iCloud IMAP server “p07-imap.mail.me.com” is not responding.

So, I'm stuck. I've tried everything I can think of and I cannot get Notes to sync to iCloud from my Mac. What's wrong here?

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 9:20 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2012 6:12 AM in response to Gringo Loco

After 2.5 hours on the phone with Apple last night, I have the solution, and it's incredibly simple: Change your iCloud password. Really...that will fix it. The tech said the password request could be all it needs.

You'll need to go here: https://appleid.apple.com to reset password.

Then you should back-up all you contacts, notes, calendars and documents locally. Then log out and back in to your iCloud account. Restart you computer and you should be back in business.

Sounds simple and stupid, but it fixed the problem for me.

Hope this helps!

Notes won't sync to iCloud on my MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.