Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting subset of column headings

Hello!

I have exported a csv from edmodo (grade school social networking site). It has grades from assignments and quizzes. The first two columns are the names of the students and then the top row, after the first 2 columns, are the assignment titles. I would like to keep the kids names on the left, but have all columns after the first 2 be sorted alphabetically according to assignment name. This way I can see trends and such. Is this possible? Ive attached an examples.

Thanks!

-Josh

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uypilcfcgtjr33g/EdmodoGradesExported.numbers

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 11:54 AM

KC,

If you don't care which kid's name is associated with a particular row of scores, why not just remove the names from the table? You can save them off to the side as a separate two-column table. To do this, Select the first two column labels (A and B) and drag them off the main table and drop them on a blank part of the Sheet.

Jerry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2012 11:54 AM in response to captainKCF

KC,

If you don't care which kid's name is associated with a particular row of scores, why not just remove the names from the table? You can save them off to the side as a separate two-column table. To do this, Select the first two column labels (A and B) and drag them off the main table and drop them on a blank part of the Sheet.

Jerry

Nov 2, 2012 2:35 PM in response to captainKCF

KC,

To rearrange the columns, grab a column, or group of columns, just as you did with the Name columns. Then, rather than drag them off the table, drag them across the table and drop them where you want them to be. As you move across the table the borders will change to double lines to indicate where the dragged column will be dropped.

Jerry

Sorting subset of column headings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.