Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iTunes to Samsung smart TV using airport express.

Does anyone have any experience of connecting airport express to a Samsung smart TV to use as powered speakers? I have connected using a standard convertor cable from 3.5mm jack to dual connections but this is not showing up on the TV 'Source'. Samsung support have not been very helpful but I dont think I'm trying to do anything ground-breaking?! This worked perfectly well on the previous TV.

If this is a no-go - has anyone managed to stream iTunes onto the TV using the wireless network?

Any help/hints/warnings would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 11:39 AM

3 replies

Nov 5, 2012 5:40 AM in response to Tesserax

My TV has RCA-type analog inputs but for some reason they do not recognise the input from the Airport Express. The music is streaming ok because if I connect headphones to the port on the airport I can get music playing.

I'm loathe to buy Apple TV to do what the Airport Express should do for me - however, I might end up down that route. Can I play all content from my iMac - even music which was loaded from CDs onto the machine rather than purchased through iTunes. I really dont want to have to pay £25 a year to mirror content I've already purchased in iCloud so that I can play it in my own house.

Thanks for the advice.

Connecting iTunes to Samsung smart TV using airport express.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.