Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browsers won't open pages, but internet is working perfectly?

I was watching something on Netflix and it started getting choppy, so I tried to fix it by reloading, which didn't work. Then I tried to restart my browser... Now, it just won't do anything.

Neither Safari nor Firefox will open web pages. However, the computer is connected to the internet.

I have tried the network diagnostic and it says everything is fine. I have ethernet. I've run about seven different anti-virus softwares on it and can't find anything. I did the reboot, disk utility, set up a new address... Time Machine didn't work either.

I was told I might have Google Redirect Virus or some other rootkit.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 4:13 PM

1 reply

Nov 2, 2012 5:00 PM in response to Tegan.

I have been having some issues myself with certain web page loadings.Not sure if its do to the 6.0.2 security patch for Mountain Lion I got a day or so ago? Have you tried to reset Safari? Sometimes that works sometimes not. I tried it and it did not solve my loading issues. I deffinately have a hang issues but have tried the basics. Such as permission repair, reset Safari even uninstalled Flash plugin. So far no joy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.