Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my battery not lasting all day?

My iPhone 4 is using up the battery in one day. I had 100% at 6:30 AM; I made 1 call for +/- 4 minutes, sent a few text messages and checked a couple of alerts from TV stations. It is 8:20 PM and I have 17% left. I have always had 40% + and 11:00 PM before. I have had the phone about 1.5 years. Any ideas why this is happening?

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:33 PM

Most likely there is a background app running that is sending or receiving data, or trying to send or receive and failing.

4 replies

Nov 2, 2012 6:33 PM in response to kastefam

Ok, this has been talked about a lot. My solution is: settings>>>mail, contacts, calendars>>>fetch new data. Then turn OFF "push" and set fetch to "hourly" or "manually." I think the push feature with the iOS6 is the killer. Perhaps this has been fixed with iOS6.0.1 but I haven't installed it yet. I now have no less than 70% at the end of the day under normal use.

Try this and let us know if it works!

Why is my battery not lasting all day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.