Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows support folder

where is the windows support file located?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:09 PM

Hi, do you have Windows® installed?

Are you using Boot Camp?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/151667

12 replies

Nov 3, 2012 12:44 PM in response to BDAqua

It wasn't on my desktop before. I had an update the other day but I didn't notice

The folder on the desktop until yesterday. I keep my desktop very clean, usually only one folder and my external drives.

I am worried that somehow the windows folder, with boot camp inside, got pulled onto the desktop and doesn't belong there. And then all the folders (i had taken some things from trash to transfer them to my flash drive) all the orders opened with the all the same contents as the Windows folder!!!

I ended up trashing the extra Windows (boot camp included) folders & rebooting. Everything seemed okay. But that original Windows folder is still there - didn't delete that one. If I can move it a better place I'd rather not have it on my desktop - it seems important. Did it come from the recent update??

Thanks for your replies... If you have any more questions, please ask.

I need to go to my desktop to check when I used boot camp (honestly I don't even know what it is). I'll do some checking - logs or something. And finding out what boot camp is exactly.

All this stuff is new to me, I basically use my iMac for simple searches and downloading icons and using iPhoto.

Thanks again.

Nov 3, 2012 1:17 PM in response to iamsillysgood

You have to explain better what you are taliking about. When you ran boot camp assistant the first menu item was to download the Windows Support software. You likely put it on an external usb device. Then after you installed Windows you ran, from within Windows, the Windows Support Software you downloaded to your USB drive.

Is this the Windows Support software you are talking about?

Nov 3, 2012 1:40 PM in response to iamsillysgood

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. You posted in the Bootcamp forum about the Windows Support Software. Is this what you are asking about? Bootcamp Assistant is on your computer. You run this to create a partition where you install Windows.

You will need to better explain your issue. Maybe someone else has a better understanding of what you are asking.

Nov 3, 2012 1:58 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

It's inside my imac (it was modified in August this year). And it's in my new external drive. From you're saying, it was put there when I got the g-drive. I know i'm not explaing myself well so I'm just going to leave things as they are and take in the computer. I have other issues as well and was planning on taking it in anyway.

So thank you so much for trying to help me. I think I get what you're saying but I don't know for sure if there's even a problem anymore.

windows support folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.