2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2012 7:14 AM by Tom Wolsky
dpcam1 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I want to have a graphic move across a video clip but be moving before the cut. Does anyone know how to do this?. I'm a bit stumped as the default action of the transform function starts with the object stationary. There is probably a very basic solution to this problem but I can't for the life of me think of it.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • Jim Wanamaker Level 4 Level 4 (2,285 points)

If I understand what you want to do, then one approach would be to insert a short(few franes) gap clip between the background clip and the one preceeding it. Then add your graphic clip as a connected clip to the background and hold command+edit keys then click on the graphic at the bottom of the clip to move the connection towards the end of the graphic. You can then slide the graphic over the gap clip so it starts to play before the background appears. With some adjustment you can slide the graphic to align with the end of the previous clip and never see any gap. Then animate the graphic with keyframes. Another thought would be to simply use the video editor opacity for the background and fade in the background a few frames after the graphic begins. You can have a very fast fade from 0 to 100% using the editor. Hope this gives you some ideas.

• Tom Wolsky Level 10 Level 10 (110,980 points)

Right-click on the start keyframe in the viewer and select linear. See if that maks it look better,