Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete recent apps that have requested my location services?

I was using the Hidden App which is useful for tracking your Mac's location (kinda like Find My Mac but with more options). Anyways, I uninstalled it per the developer's instructions and restarted my Mac. The app is indeed uninstalled but under the Security settings in System Preferences, it still shows this:

User uploaded file

What else do I need to do in order to remove this from showing up like that? The icon is not longer being displayed properly which tells me the app is uninstalled but how do I get rid of it from showing up on this list?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 7:15 PM

14 replies

Nov 2, 2012 7:31 PM in response to LOLuMad

I do not believe that you can remove any entry there (unless there might be a terminal command which I wouldn't know about). But, since you've uninstalled it, why do you still have the "enable" checked? I've never had mine checked because of privacy concerns. I can see a use for this with a laptop or iDevice, but a 27" iMac is a bit more difficult to lose.....

Nov 2, 2012 8:29 PM in response to LOLuMad

LOLuMad wrote:

I have the Location Services checked because it's a Macbook Pro and I have Find My Mac enabled.

Ahh, I understand. As I said, I don't know of a way to get rid of any entry there (nor in some other spots as well - wherever it has now been determined that the OS will automatically do things rather than give the user a choice).

@ macjack - I see your question was answered. Also check out Contacts in the same Pane - there will be some surprising apps wanting access to your Contacts.

Nov 2, 2012 9:05 PM in response to macjack

Agreed - I've decided to not allow any for now - period, especially since location services is not enabled and, unless (or even if) I use iCloud and/or sync, nothing gets access to my contacts. After having my contacts stolen from my Yahoo account more then once (I no longer maintain a Contacts list there now), I try not to put them at risk anywhere.

How do I delete recent apps that have requested my location services?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.