Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

open webloc files on mac

I abandoned a website years ago because I could not longer open its song files. YouTube has been a very good substitute, but the abandoned website arrangement has certain advantages that make it easier and faster to use--when it works. I went back there today. Ths time I used Right-Click>Get Info and found that it was a webloc file. Incidentally, I also tried to open it with Right-Click>Open With>Safari 5.17, as per the instructions given. It didn't open the file, so I'm now asking how I should go about opening webloc files.

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 8:39 PM

4 replies

Nov 2, 2012 9:10 PM in response to Niel

Niel wrote:

Drag it into a browser's open window, or set the computer's default web browser to the one you want to open it in. The Open With setting is ignored for Internet location files.

(71266)

That didn't work. While waiting for someone in the Apple Support Communityto respond, I did some Internet browsing. I was told that Safari would open the file. It didn't. When I tried, the following message appeared:

404--File or Directory not found

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I also read that Opera could open .webloc files, so I installed it. The result was the same.

open webloc files on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.