Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my TV season episode purchase download to my Mac but on my iPad I get the purchase button?

I have a season pass for Fox TV's Fringe. Everry episode loads into iTunes on my MacBook Pro. On my iPad I only get indications of available episodes and a button inviting me to buy a season I have already purchased. How do I rectify?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:27 AM

Your profile shows you are running iOS 5 so this is how to do this if you are running iOS 5.

Launch iTunes on the iPad. Go to the Purchased tab. Tap on the View Button at the top and select TV Show. Then tap Not on this iPad. Do the episodes show up in there? If they don't - sign out of your iPad, restart your iPad, Sign in again and then go back and see if they show up.

To sign out - Settings>Store>Tap you ID and sign out.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Go back to the settings, sign in again and then go back to iTunes and see if the purchases show up now.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2012 6:27 AM in response to JustJoan R.

Your profile shows you are running iOS 5 so this is how to do this if you are running iOS 5.

Launch iTunes on the iPad. Go to the Purchased tab. Tap on the View Button at the top and select TV Show. Then tap Not on this iPad. Do the episodes show up in there? If they don't - sign out of your iPad, restart your iPad, Sign in again and then go back and see if they show up.

To sign out - Settings>Store>Tap you ID and sign out.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Go back to the settings, sign in again and then go back to iTunes and see if the purchases show up now.

Nov 3, 2012 6:39 AM in response to Demo

Thanks. I updated my profile to reflect that I am actually running u der the latest OS. The episodes do show. I realized I was looking in Videos, not on the iTunes Purchased link. In Videos there are download buttons beside each episode but the invitation to pay for the full season already paid for still appears. Misleading, confusing. Your directions, however, crystal.

Why does my TV season episode purchase download to my Mac but on my iPad I get the purchase button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.