Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garbled images in Aperture

Not sure when this started occurring, but when I'm working on images occasionally the image will become, for lack of a more technical term, garbled. It seems to happen more often after an import. The only way I've been able to resolve this is by restarting the entire machine.

I'm working off an iMac core i5 2.8

Running Aperture 3.4.1

The files I'm editing were shot it RAW

I'm in the process of repairing my library. If that works great, but just in case, I thought I would see if anyone else has had this issue. If so, please share any tips that may lead to a resolution.

Thanks!

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:50 AM

2 replies

Nov 3, 2012 9:36 AM in response to soonerapple

Do the image files become corrupted, or is it only the display of the images? Are the images o.k. after rebooting? Do you have a current backup, just in case something is seriously wrong?

I'd try to reset the NVRAM:the display resolution may not be stored correctly, see When to reset NVRAM or PRAM

Also I'd make a hardware test, to check the RAM; you might see similar artefacts, if the RAM has a problem, see:

Intel-based Macs: Using Apple Hardware Test

Besides checking the hardware, walk through the usual trouble shootings steps:

Aperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics

Post back, if this does not help.

Regards

Léonie

Garbled images in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.