Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod shuffle won't transfer to my itunes

I have a new computer (old one was stolen), and when i went to transfer the songs from my ipod shuffle (contained nearly 99 percent of my library onto my new computer, only 3 songs of the hundred plus were able to go through. Has this happened to anybody else, and am I shafted into buying and redownloading everything from my ipod?

compaq, Windows XP

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:24 AM

1 reply

Nov 4, 2012 6:07 AM in response to cijidunne

Music transfer is one a one way street with an iPod and that is from iTunes to the iPod. The only exception to this rule is iTunes purchases which can be transferred back to iTunes by choosing File -> Transfer Purchases from <name of iPod>

For all other non-iTunes purchased content, see this excellent user tip from another forum member turingtest2 outlining the different methods and software available to help you copy content from your iPod back to your PC and into iTunes.

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

B-rock

My ipod shuffle won't transfer to my itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.