Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign into facetime with apple id

I can log into apple store and I can log into my apple id online just fine

but, I cannot log into facetime. user name and password is absolutely correct, but I keep getting the same error msg:

"Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."

And my network connection is fine.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:59 AM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2012 1:49 PM in response to Peter Mars

I called AppleCare yesterday to find out if my Logs had been analyzed and if they had an answer for my FaceTime issue. They did indeed have the answer. It was a "serialization problem". The original logic board in my Mac Pro 1,1 needed to be replaced, right after I purchased it, and the ASP didn't "serialize" the new board. The AppleCare rep told me to take it in to any Apple Store and they will serialize the board or replace it if necessary!!! And they refunded my $19.00 for Single-Incident support since it was due to an oversight by the original ASP! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I shot over to my local Apple Store and within 5 minutes (FIVE MINUTES!) FaceTime was working!

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but paying $19.00 for AppleCare support is definitely the way to go, and you might even get it refunded!

This was a one week process, since my initial call to Apple, but they reviewed the logs and found the problem. The reps were all very professional and very knowledgeable. I can't say enough about this!! Very Happy!

🙂

Cannot sign into facetime with apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.