Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video switches back to Spatial Conform/Fit appearance after Fill

I have this issue where a clip in the timeline reverts back to Fit for no reason even though it is still set to FIll in the Spatial Conform option. I have tried then to switch it back to Fit/None an then Fill again but it does not change and the video displays with the unwanted vertical bars on each side.

This has happend twice now and the only option I have is to delete it from the timeline and reimport it back in, which is bit of a pain as it has speed settings and effects added. Also the problem occurs days after so is very random.

I was wondering if there is a solution to force it back to Fill rather than having to do the re import to the timeline.

Thanks in advance.

Neville

FCPX 10.0.6

OS X 10.8.2

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:18 PM

6 replies

Nov 7, 2012 2:58 PM in response to niftynev

I'm having the same kind of problem. I have all clips in my timeline set to 'None' and when I copy and paste the color attribute from one clip to all clips at once, some (not all) clips switch back from 'None'. I would love to see a solution to this!

More details: 1080p video in a 720p project, with all clips set to spatial conform 'None', and some set to 68% - 100% scale.

Jan 24, 2013 3:15 PM in response to tomklaver

Have you guys figured out a solution to this? or a good work around? This is my #1 problem in fcp. Im cutting 5k R3d's converted to fcp x proxies. naturally, I need the abillity to scale into my 5k image in a 1080 project. When I set spatial conform to "none" I'm able to then move around and scale into the storyline clip User uploaded file.

but If any connected clip is adjusted in any way like adding a simple dissolve the result to the storyline clip is User uploaded file

the only work around I have is to copy the file then right click the file select "reveal in event browser" go reload the clip in to the project and paste attributes. I have to do this after every edit. Its a God **** nightmare!! This makes FCP X unusable for me..

Video switches back to Spatial Conform/Fit appearance after Fill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.