Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my install won't take

I have had a problem with my HP printer. I deleted printer to try to add back but the add printer list is blank. I have re-installed printer drivers 3 times and the system confirms installationbut when I got to applications the HP printer isn't there. I'm not sure why the install indicates it's there but it really isn't. not sure what else to do at this point.

mac pro

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:25 PM

4 replies

Nov 3, 2012 12:27 PM in response to originale

The drivers don't show on Applications folder. If you download your printer drivers from Apple Support, open System Preferences > Print and Scan, turn on your printer, press + button and select your printer and your driver. If you have got a Wi-Fi printer and you're trying to connect your printer from Wi-Fi, restart your router

Nov 3, 2012 12:48 PM in response to mende1

P 1007 laser jet. I posted another question earlier today with no reply. With that question, I was trying to figure out how to get printer to show up. Now I'm past that. How this started was with a printer offline message. Nothing I cd do would fix it. So one answer was delete printer and add back. that set u this chain of events. I even went into terminal to type a line of 'cup' whatever that is. Did nothing. I'm really stuck, HP doesn't know what to do either....

my install won't take

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.