I had the same problem. Safari was freezing in several pages.
Disable iCloud for safari. Go to System Preferences > iCloud >uncheck Safari... Done! Restart safari and see if safari is loading pages faster.
I'm sure that apple will release a fix for this soon, in the mean time, use iCloud in safari only when you really need it.
Same problem -- started a few days ago - I have an iMac 2011. Page loads take forever (minute may be). Completely frustrating. Switched to Chrome to get some job done.
My issue was with the Contacts application using up almost 100% of my resources. This is a common problem for some who have upgraded the OS. If your computer gets slow, open Activity Monitor and look at the %CPU. If one activity is very high, this is the problem. Search the boards, you will find the files to delete to fix the problem. After i did this, it was like having a new computer.
This was the fix for me. When your computer gets slow, look at Activity Monitor for high %CPU usage. The prblem was AddressBookSourceSync using almont all %CPU. The fix is:
Re: What is AddressBookSourceSync?
Oct 19, 2011 12:47 PM (in response to rsfromhome)
Had the same problem of Address Book / AddressBookSync run wild after upgrading to 10.7.2 and icloud, and this is what I did which seems to have fixed it.
1. Made sure that mobileme was not syncing anymore (system preferences)by logging out of MobileMe.
2. As a precaution, backed up my address book (1700 contacts) locally, and quit address book.
3. Checked to see if icloud had all of my contacts. www.icloud.com
4. Made sure that AddressBookSync was not running in Activity monitor. If it is, kill it.
5. Went into my users library (~/Library/Application Support/Address Book/) trashed everything EXCEPT Confguration.plist.
6. Went back into System preferences/icloud and made sure that Contacts was checked off. Once checked the sync started.