Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no "search" feature for Movies (or TV Shows) in my Library?

I have a couple thousand movies, and lots of TV shows.

When I am trying to find a particular movie, I have to scroll all the way from A to whatever the name of the movie is. There is no search feature. So this can take a LONG time to scroll, and is just silly.

We are on like version 7 of the AppleTV software. Why won't Apple implement a search feature for Movies or TV Shows? Do they not expect me to have more than a handful? Is this an anti-piracy scheme? Trying to steer me from having so many movies? Why?

There is a search feature for Music in my Library...

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 1:54 PM

4 replies

Nov 3, 2013 5:37 PM in response to Brian Cook4

Ok so Apple has had 6 opportunities to get this right and still denies us a simple search feature. And yes, search is simple. This is not re-inventing Google. This is taking my movie titles and being able to type a piece of the name and have my results narrow, just like how search works in every other part of AppleTV.

Apparently you have never tried scrolling through a long list of TV shows/movies or you would be complaining for it, instead of weakly arguing against.

Why is there no "search" feature for Movies (or TV Shows) in my Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.