Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lyncssysdefault

Macbook Pro Ivy Bridge 10.7.5. Backed up old iBook G4 to Time Capsule. When I got my Pro used Time Machine to transfer all my files, apps and maybe problems.

I get a pop up password request for "lyncsysdefault." It is the standard password request block for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, etc.

If I enter the password in a reasonable time, no problems. However, if I'm away and the "lyncsysdefault" request is not entered I think it is FInder that freezes. I can close some other open programs, but not all. Force Quit Finder Restart doesn't work. The only way to shut down is to hold down the power button then restart. Sometimes it takes 2 or more restarts to restore normal operations.

I can't find "lyncsysdefault" nor what it is associated with.

Anyone see this and know where to steer me to fix it? Thank you.

Mark

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:52 PM

It's nothing more than a prompt for you to enter a username and password for a wireless network in your vicinity called "lyncsysdefault"

1 reply

lyncssysdefault

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.