Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

asked to login twice in keychain

I put all passwords from sites that do not allow them to be stored within a web address in keychain as secure notes. Usually when I go to open a secure note I simply have to put in my password and it opens up.

Recently things have changed in that once I have added my password another dialogue box asking for the admin use name and password.

As this admin user is me I end up having to type my name and the same password in again. So what was once a one stop process has become a two or three stage process and am now simply tempted to store these passwords as a normal note!

I am on Lion and am wondering if it was the upgrade to this that caused the change.

Also note that it is a machine owned by the school so there are two other admin users.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 6:10 PM

I had a similar problem after a password changed, and this sorted it out. You may find that it works for you as well.

If you want your default keychain to be unlocked automatically when you log in, synchronize your Keychain Access and account login passwords by doing this:

1. Open Keychain Access (you can get to it by choosing Utilities from the Go menu in the Finder).
  2. From the Edit menu, choose Change Password for Keychain "login."
  3. Type the former password of the account that you are currently logged in to, then click OK.
  4. If you entered the correct password, a new window appears; enter the original password again in the Current Password field.
  5. In the New Password field, type the password that matches your current account password.
  6. Re-enter the newer password in the Verify field, then click OK.

[source: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1631]

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2012 6:10 PM in response to Tim Shep

I had a similar problem after a password changed, and this sorted it out. You may find that it works for you as well.

If you want your default keychain to be unlocked automatically when you log in, synchronize your Keychain Access and account login passwords by doing this:

1. Open Keychain Access (you can get to it by choosing Utilities from the Go menu in the Finder).
  2. From the Edit menu, choose Change Password for Keychain "login."
  3. Type the former password of the account that you are currently logged in to, then click OK.
  4. If you entered the correct password, a new window appears; enter the original password again in the Current Password field.
  5. In the New Password field, type the password that matches your current account password.
  6. Re-enter the newer password in the Verify field, then click OK.

[source: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1631]

asked to login twice in keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.