Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upcoming travel questions for my iPad 3

Hello All,

I did a search before asking but all I could find were questions about travel adapters.

I have an iphone 5 and an ipad 3 and I am traveling to the Netherlands and Budapest. I'm just a little confused about what I can and can't use while gone that won't cost me an arm and a leg. I will add the AT&T world traveler program for while I'm gone for phone calls but I'm confused about wi-fi. If I'm in a wifi area will I be able to text/imessage people without a charge? What about searching the interenet or reading email?

I get a little confused with what to turn off on the devices to make sure I'm not getting roaming charges etc. I need to turn off the 4g on both devices correct?

Please forgive the naive questions, I don't generally travel outside the US and I'm trying to plan ahead.

Thanks in advance!

Stephanie

iPad

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 5:24 AM

4 replies

Nov 4, 2012 6:24 AM in response to Stephanie Patterson

Wi-Fi is the same everywhere. You'll have no problem connecting to Wi-Fi while traveling. Your World Traveler thing will allow phone calls. If Wi-Fi is not available your phone will try to use cellular data to access the web, get email etc. to prevent running up data charges turn off cellular data in Settings.

Settings > General > Cellular (Leave Cellular ON) > Turn Off Cellular Data

Upcoming travel questions for my iPad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.