Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Legitimate information?

I have recently viewed on YouTube, a person who goes by the name "EverythingAppleProHere". Is the information this person posts legitimate or can it be trusted? What are his credentials for posting this information?

Sincerely,

W. Bell

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:49 AM

You are not speaking with Apple employees here - this is a user to user forum and unless someone were to personally know the person you are referring to (who could be located anywhere in the world), how would we know if s/he is legitimate? Having said that, I generally only trust a tech or instructional video if it is produced by the company making the software or hardware - in other words, unless I am sure of the answer, I do not trust anything on Youtube, Facebook, or wherever - I don't believe you need any credentials to post on any of these.

PS - I just did a google search and it appears they are promoting things that are not supported by Apple (to put it mildly). So that means you can't get any help for it here and you'd proceed at your own risk.

51 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2012 8:49 AM in response to idrive4alivin

You are not speaking with Apple employees here - this is a user to user forum and unless someone were to personally know the person you are referring to (who could be located anywhere in the world), how would we know if s/he is legitimate? Having said that, I generally only trust a tech or instructional video if it is produced by the company making the software or hardware - in other words, unless I am sure of the answer, I do not trust anything on Youtube, Facebook, or wherever - I don't believe you need any credentials to post on any of these.

PS - I just did a google search and it appears they are promoting things that are not supported by Apple (to put it mildly). So that means you can't get any help for it here and you'd proceed at your own risk.

Legitimate information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.