Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture help - sharing pics

In the aperture application, my share feature is grayed out. How do I change this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:57 AM

3 replies

Nov 4, 2012 1:24 PM in response to léonie

I have version 3.4.2, and I want to share a project. I don't want to share from "faces" or "places". Also, when I sync my photos to my phone, it takes an extremely long time to sync all of my photos. This used to not be the case. I was thinking that my Aperture app has developed an error and needs to be deleted and reinstalled. However, I am afraid that I will lose my pics. I do back up using time capsule.

Nov 4, 2012 1:43 PM in response to Christopher4usm

I have version 3.4.2, and I want to share a project.

You can only share images, not projects. To share a project, select the project in Browser view and select all images inside the project. Then the share commands should become active.

This used to not be the case. I was thinking that my Aperture app has developed an error and needs to be deleted and reinstalled. However, I am afraid that I will lose my pics. I do back up using time capsule.

Your Aperture library may need repairing - did Aperture crash previously? Then I'd suggest to try the Aperture Library First Aid Tools:

Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

Try repairing permissions, repairing the database, rebuilding the database, if necessary. Check, if your backup is current and in working condition before rebuilding the library.

Reinstalling Aperture will not erase your photos. Your image files are managed in the Aperture Library, and reinstalling Aperture will not touch your Aperture library.

Aperture help - sharing pics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.