Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

patch change midi note-on

Hi,

I'm plannung to use 2 Midi-Keyboards in Mainstage, a large one (probably 88 keys) to actually and a small one (25 keys) to change patches.

Now I can't figure out how to assign a patch-change to a note-on.

In Edit-mode -> Attributes i can only change the number of the programchange.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83384 <- I found this, but I don't know where to map the Midi Notes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

iMac 27'

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:04 AM

Hi

In MS 2.2, you have 2 alternative methods:

a)

In Layout Mode, create 2 Drum Pad Screen Controls, and assign them to the required MIDI notes. In Edit mode at Concert level, select each in turn and map them to Actions:Next Patch/Previous Patch in the Screen Control Inspector.

b) MS 2.2 has the new Assignments and Mappings Pane, which allows you to assign incoming MIDI messages and then to map them without the need for screen controls. Create two new assignments using the Action gear menu, assign them to in-coming MIDI notes, then map using the Screen Control Inspector.

CCT

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2012 12:04 AM in response to Roland1992

Hi

In MS 2.2, you have 2 alternative methods:

a)

In Layout Mode, create 2 Drum Pad Screen Controls, and assign them to the required MIDI notes. In Edit mode at Concert level, select each in turn and map them to Actions:Next Patch/Previous Patch in the Screen Control Inspector.

b) MS 2.2 has the new Assignments and Mappings Pane, which allows you to assign incoming MIDI messages and then to map them without the need for screen controls. Create two new assignments using the Action gear menu, assign them to in-coming MIDI notes, then map using the Screen Control Inspector.

CCT

patch change midi note-on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.