Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PhotoStream is not creating Events in iPhoto

Having set my iPhone and iPad and iMac to PhotoShare/ PhotoStream I'm having issues creating Events in iPhoto. I like events.!

There are pics in PhotoStream that do not and will not appear in Events. Why.? How.? Frustrations.!!!

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:39 PM

7 replies

Nov 11, 2012 10:38 AM in response to Susan Chute

Do a search in the Events Mode for "Photo Stream". That will find any photo stream that was automatically imported.

User uploaded file

Then check to see if the search included your photos.

To jump start Photo Stream log out of iCloud in the System/iCloud preference pane and disable Photo Stream in iPhoto's Photo Share preference pane. Then log back in and re-enable, respectively. See if that will repopulate your Photo Streams.

OT

Nov 11, 2012 11:41 AM in response to Old Toad

Okay, did all that. No help. The search did not turn up the most recent photo stream. Logged out of iCloud (pain in the a@# because I have documents stored there), turned off photo stream in iPhoto, logged back in, turned on again, and Photostream repopulated iPhoto in exactly the same way as before (i.e., no event--but photostream in the left nav column). Only thing I noticed is a little wireless icon in the photos in photostream. Here's a picture:User uploaded file

See the little wireless icon in the bottom left corner? Here's another picture:

User uploaded file

There is no Nov. photostream event. WHY????? Do I actually have to plug in my device? I thought the purpose of Photostream was....

Mar 31, 2013 4:54 PM in response to Matt2010

I had this problem too. I tried the fix turning photostream on and off and then rebooting the system. The photostream photos all re-imported, but I couldn't see the photostream in events.

However, the missing photos *did* appear within some pre-existing events. I then split them out and put them in the right place.

I haven't yest tested additional photostream content.

PhotoStream is not creating Events in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.