Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Build quality lacking after recent Apple Store visit?

I bought the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display back when it came out. About a month ago, I took the computer in because it was having some technical issues and the people at the Genius Bar opened it up to take a look. Afterwards, I noticed that the laptop was making a discreet but super annoying noise. Every time that I rest my hand on the right side of the track pad, I get a high pitched squeak noise coming from what I suspect the interior of the computer. It did not however make this before the incident. I am assuming that with the unibody build, that there is something that wasn't tightened correctly on the interior. Would it be overly obnoxious for me to take this in to the store once again to see if they can fix it? I can understand that it is a minor imperfection, but it has really become a bother, and I've been refraining from the complaint.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 11:47 PM

1 reply

Nov 5, 2012 7:47 AM in response to Sonnycbrr

Would it be overly obnoxious for me to take this in to the store once again to see if they can fix it?

No, it would not. I urge you to take your Mac back to them and have them make it right.

Your appointement for evaluations and adjustments is free, in warranty or out. Apple wants you to be a happy customer, and that is what the Genius Bar is for.

Build quality lacking after recent Apple Store visit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.