Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5 drops calls after 6.0.1 update

After updating to iOS 6.0.1 on my brand new iPhone5 I´ve experienced problems with my calls.

I am not sure if it was a problem before updating, since I haven't had the phone for more than a few days before updating.

During calls the signal and person in the other end drops out and he can't hear me either. Often a metalic squeaking sound interferes while the signal drops out and comes back a few times before dropping out totally.

Maybe I should return the Phone while it's still brand new. Also because I've noticed when I tab on the back with my finger near the camera, some parts inside the phone rattles as if something is loose.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:38 AM

You should try to reset network settings first, Go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings. Also contact your carrier to make sure they are not having issues on their side. The rattle is from the multiple parts of the camera and is common, but may want to check with apple genius bar to make sure its not excessive.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2012 8:38 AM in response to Flemming Rasmussen

You should try to reset network settings first, Go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings. Also contact your carrier to make sure they are not having issues on their side. The rattle is from the multiple parts of the camera and is common, but may want to check with apple genius bar to make sure its not excessive.

Dec 26, 2012 5:39 AM in response to Flemming Rasmussen

I had the same problem since i Purchase it.It comes with 6.0.1 by default at same day of purchase I got call failed error while making the calls. I went to service centre twice and both time I got new iphone 5. But when I first time update my replace phone to 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 it got same issues and it got lag while deleting apps. and when i got the last phone i havent update it, and its working fine now.... but bad thing is that I change my 7 years old number because of this issues. I blamed my carrier but It was Apple's f**ng update fault...

iPhone5 drops calls after 6.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.