Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about stamping white balance

Hello,

I'm a beginner in Aperture and have the following question for which I haven't found an answer yet.

Let me explain what I did and where the problem rose:

I have a set of photo's (400+, RAW), all taken at the same location under nearly same conditions (oldtimer rally, outside, sunny weather).

I've adjusted the first image by choosing:

Exposure: 'auto'

White balance: 'auto'

White balance was changed by Aperture in (in the Inspector): Temperature & Tint and for both a specific value.

I changed the second image the same way.

Again Aperture choose Temperature & Tint for white balance and specific, but other, values than for the first image.

Fine sofar.

I lifted the adjustments of the second image:

Adjustments:

White balance : Auto White Balance

Exposure : Auto Exposure

Deselected everything but Adjustments for White balance and Exposure.

Selected image 3 until the last one and stamped them.

80% of the image's OK but for about 20% of the photo's, Aperture came up (in the Inspector) with "White balance: natural gray".

So I thought to be smart and changed one photo (White balance : natural gray) to Temperature & Tint.

Photo adjusted: OK.

If I lift the adjustments of this photo, Aperture shows:

Adjustments:

White balance : Temperature (4851.60), Tint (10.68)

Exposure : Auto Exposure

If I select this and use it to stamp all "White balance: natural gray" photo's, I have the problem that the 'stamp' also stamps the temperature and tint values where I want it, of course, to 'auto detect' these values as they are not the same for each photo for the best result.

Any solution for this?

Kind regards,

emeu1

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion, Aperture 3.4

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:59 AM

There are no replies.

Question about stamping white balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.