5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 3:00 PM by Tony Gay
dastoelk Level 3 (665 points)

Strangest thing: I exported a project... and a SINGLE clip is missing. BUT... the "key" over that clip shows up (over "black.") Hmmm... So I went back to the timeline... the clip is STILL THERE! So, I re-rendered, exported again... SAME THING. That one darned clip goes "black" w/ the key over it. Any suggestions?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), FCPX 10.0.6
  • Tom Wolsky Level 10 (115,510 points)

What are the complete specs of the media? Are you in proxy mode? Can you post screen shots of what's happening in the timeline? What format are you export to?

• dastoelk Level 3 (665 points)

NOTE: Had no problem exporting this same project before.

1.) even clip info = 720 x 480 / 29.97 fps (same as ALL clips throughout entire project)

clip inspector screen shot.png

2.) Timeline info = 720 x 480 DV Anamorphic 29.97

inspector screen shot.png

3.) Here's the clip in the timeline. (see image, it's the gentleman in the labcoat) Amazingly, in the export the "keys" appear over black. Just this ONE clip is missing--audio and video. No other clips are affected.

timeline screen shot.png

4.) Finally, here is how I am exporting the project: (see image)

export screen shot.png

• andynick Level 5 (4,925 points)

Tom wants the full spec of the problem clip. Open it with QT Player, press Cmd+i to open the inspector and post back with the full spec.

Meanwhile, create a new project and copy and paste the old project into the new (empty) timeline, the see if that will export OK

Andy

• dastoelk Level 3 (665 points)

Copy / paste seemed to work. So... I'm gonna chalk this one up to being "an anomaly." (The strangest thing is, the material from which that clip was pulled, was used THROUGHOUT the project with no problems.)

• Tony Gay Level 4 (1,630 points)

I read this earlier and discarded it as an anomaly as well, BUT I just experienced the same issue!

Last night I exported a 9min.48sec project to a master file, self contained, 1920x1080 25p, and one approx 5sec clip out of the program at 1.55min.sec was missing, just black in the exported file, the three next to it which are from the same original media were present, as was the blur title over the top, voice over and music. Opening the project in FCP-X the clip in question is active and appears when the playhead is over the top. I changed nothing, no renders etc, just to see what would happen, re-exported the project and all appears fine this time.

This screen grab is from the timeline with the playhead over the clip that was missing in the export.

missing file.png

The following is the exported clip re-imported into FCP-X showing the black area of the missing clip.

missing clip in export.png

Tony

Bug report submitted.

Message was edited by: Tony Gay