Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Mission control from adding Desktops??

Personally, have not had and don't now have any use for Mission Control or any such "innovations."

After 6 years of happy Mac I find all sorts of things some kid thinks I need.

Mail has moved into a Desktop of it's own. I don't know what I did to have that happen; but, I have been unable to change it back although I have read the so-called documentation.

As usualit that tell all we CAN do, (sales pitch) but not HOW!!

Will appreciate your help. Saves another call to Applecare.

Ed

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:23 PM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2012 2:58 PM in response to PapaandMamaBear

I asume you have tried this in a similar situation so I appreciate your replying.

It is full screen and when I clicked the link - I got a very small icon in the center of a large black window apparently supposed to be a screen shot(png).

The drag to the desired Desktop had been tried repeatedly proving myself to be the fool. I have practically worn out ctrl ↑ but the 'drag' is only left or right and when placed over my Desktop (THE ONLY ONE I WANT) it just bounces back to the right. It will NOT drag down to the large window of the "Original."

Why we have come to the place that everyone seems to know what every one else SHOULD have or think, I don't know. I am blessed to have lived through a better time. I luckily retired before our clients realized my lack of smarts as a PE..

Is there some way to delete Mission control?? I was able to control my mission just fine without it.

I do appreciate help and the knowledge that you and others have ..

Nov 6, 2012 5:46 PM in response to Edwin Law

Hey, Bears, Maybe this is what you were trying to show me with the link I couldn't open.

If so, you deserve a "so;ved."

A Senior adviser (Applecare) > Full screen for the 'Mail' Desktop, upper right corner samll box with arrow> click.

That did it!! The screen became my 'Real' desktop with the mail app where it shoud be.

I shall endiavor to avoid MC but I don'tknow how I got into it this time

In any event, thanks for the efforts, appreciated.

Ed

How to stop Mission control from adding Desktops??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.