Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good Standard for Base1 Analysis?

Anyway, if anyone wants to get into development for Base1 Analysis, the idea is to use iOS interfaces to take measurements on site with time stamps and geo-location stamps.

The analysis applications take the data and plot graphs on a common scale or else map the data using GoogleMaps or AppleMaps. Available data-list libraries must eventually include common data, like moon cycles, tides, temperatures, even government data like crimes, forestry measurements and construction.

The best maps should have animated overlays with various time-frame adjustments to help look for patterns in relations of changes.

The graphing applications can have division between two data sets (ratios), addition and subtraction (re-plotting the combined graphs onto the common scale) and even multiplication. A persistent store can manage the investigation as the operations are applied to selected graphs, thereby keeping the data necessary to re-generate an equation for any apparent data-matches that are discovered.

To allow all of these possibilities to be integrated for all professions that involve measurement, and for any application that applies such a comparative analysis to the data sets, it is only necessary to follow a simple standard.

The standard I will be using is a label for each set of data-point objects, including at least something about what is measured and contact information for the person responsible for the quality of the measurements. Each data-point object consists of:

{LatitudeCenterPoint, LatitudeAccuracyRadius: LongitudeCenterPoint, LongitudeAccuracyRadius: AltitudeCenterPoint, AltitudeAccuracyRadius: TimeCenterPoint, TimeAccuracyRadius: MeasurementCenterPoint, MeasurementAccuracyRadius}

Please let me know if anyone has any constructive views on this.

I will be using floats for all values, time in seconds from 1970GMT (with negative values prior to 1970), and spatial radius in feet.

iMac

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:19 PM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2012 5:44 PM in response to K T

Thank you very much for your expert views.

I was thinking OSX is better for that actual analysis (or OSX servers) and the iOS devices are better for entering data in the field.

Most of the resistance to sharing data can be overcome if the data sets are transformed to the common scale for sharing (in cases where there is resistance to sharing data or else good reason for concealing actual measures).

Nov 5, 2012 6:03 PM in response to mark133

It should be easy for 'consumers' to enter and share data sets. You never know how a data set collected from the internet for all base1 data on any particular place, time, or topic might relate to any other data set or data sets. And millions of 'consumers' might have more time to play around with the data sets, looking for the appearance of relationships in changes.

Nov 5, 2012 7:21 PM in response to mark133

But it shouldn't matter if decimal divided feet are used (as is common for all American manufacturing and industrial standards) or decimal divided meters. The measures are somewhat similar, and if the difference is critical, I expect the label will have more information about the measure that can be filtered in a search and transformed if necessary.

Good Standard for Base1 Analysis?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.