Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make songs louder

Hi,

I have a song on my iTunes. It is quite a quiet song. I have adjusted the volume the 100% and it is still not loud enough.

Does anyone know any third party software that I can use to make my music louder?

Many thanks in advance,

-Ebony

iTunes-OTHER

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2017 7:58 AM

You can use a program, or increase the "pre-amp" feature in the Equalizer, this sometimes distorts the music.

The best way, without adding a separate app or program (they often conflict with sound drivers and hardware), is to go to your playlist (if you do this click first song, scroll to the bottom, hold down shift and click last song, this highlights all the songs in the playlist), or an individual song.

-----> You can also do this in the main screen, highlight all of the songs.

Then right click on this highlighted area.

Click "get info", then click "edit items".

Click "options"

Adjust the volume, I increase it +80 or +100, then turn the volume down on the main screen.

this is for itunes ver 12.6.0.100 May 2017

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2017 7:58 AM in response to EbonyCullen

You can use a program, or increase the "pre-amp" feature in the Equalizer, this sometimes distorts the music.

The best way, without adding a separate app or program (they often conflict with sound drivers and hardware), is to go to your playlist (if you do this click first song, scroll to the bottom, hold down shift and click last song, this highlights all the songs in the playlist), or an individual song.

-----> You can also do this in the main screen, highlight all of the songs.

Then right click on this highlighted area.

Click "get info", then click "edit items".

Click "options"

Adjust the volume, I increase it +80 or +100, then turn the volume down on the main screen.

this is for itunes ver 12.6.0.100 May 2017

Nov 6, 2012 4:37 AM in response to EbonyCullen

You have all your volume adjusters set all the way? The one on your comuter, and the one in iTunes? Possibly also the one on any external speakers?

What format file? Ideally you will manage to do this without re-coding the file which would entail quality loss and some programs can do this depending upon the file format.

Nov 6, 2012 5:28 AM in response to db24401

Yes, Audacity will do it but if you start with a file in a lossy format and want it to end up in that same format (e.g., .mp3. .m4a), using Audacity will result in quality loss.

EbonyCullen: I presume when you say you have adjusted it 100% you did this with the volume playback feature of the Get Info window options? Also, do you have Soundcheck disabled?

iTunes: About Sound Check - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2425

Make songs louder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.