Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Key Photo

It appears that EVERYTIME there is an iPhoto update, it messes up the key photos in Events and Albums.

After updating to the latest version (9.4.2) of iPhoto on my MacBook Pro, the key photos do not match with the key photos in the Photos app of my iPhone and iPad. I have tried:

1. setting up "key photos" (right clicking in a picture and setting it as key photo) and sync iOS via iTunes - didn't change anything

2. deselected all events and albums and sync devices; and then selected to sync all events and albums (having over five thousand pictures to sync does take its time - approximately over two hours and a half) - but still did not change the key photos

3. in iPhoto, adjusted date and time of the photo I wanted to assign as key photo so that it would be the first photo in each event and album - still did not change the key photos in iOS devices

Is there a way so that the key photos would be the same throughout all devices?

New iPad / Third Generation iPad-OTHER, iOS 6, Photo / iPhoto

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:53 AM

6 replies

Nov 6, 2012 6:07 AM in response to TomPark98

There is currently no connection between iPhoto for the Mac and for IOS - they are two totally different programs with the same name - unless there is a change you can not expect to control one from the other

Suggest to Apple - it seems to be a logical enhancement and certainly feedback will not hurt -- iPhoto menu ==> provide iPhoto feedback

LN

Key Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.