Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New budget template

Hi

How can I create a "spreadsheet" with these items:

Monthly expenses ( like Gas, Electricity,Cables, health payments ..)

Monthly incomes (Like salary , Bank interest on deposits ...)

All these for every month ( Jan -Feb-Mar ... ) for 2011 AND 2012 AND 2013

Any idea will be grateful

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, 10.8.2

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:35 AM

Have you looked at the Budget Template in Numbers, and if so, how would you like to change it? We can help you if you know what you want it to look like.

Jerry

16 replies

Nov 6, 2012 12:38 PM in response to rony-z

All default templates are starting points. It is very unlikely that one of the included templates will suit you perfectly. It sounds to me as though you would like to triple the size of the included template to serve for three years at a time. Except for the problems with page layout, that's just a matter of scale. Could you describe what "big budget" view means to you?

Jerry

Nov 6, 2012 11:49 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thank you.

Sorry for explaining myself hardly ...

"big budget view " meaning :

I want to see how looks like the budget template in Numbers in a full screen , I can't see this template in my full screen so I don't see any details / figures .

To see it in a full screen mode I will have to buy the App !!! But I need to see it before buying .

Is it possible to see somehow ?

Thanks

Nov 7, 2012 4:38 AM in response to rony-z

Additional important question please :

in Numbers , Is it possible to build a MAIN SHEET ( Lets called it Home ) that's include Tables , Charts ect'

These Tables , Charts ect' will be in another Different Sheets .

Meaning : ( From the opposite "view" ) :

I want to have some Sheets with Tables and Charts in several Sheet ,

In every Sheet will be a Main Table / Main Chart , these Main Tables and Charts will be visible in the MAIN SHEET ( Called Home )

Any advice will be grateful.

Ronen

Nov 7, 2012 8:46 AM in response to rony-z

Ronen,

Numbers is constructed as follows:

Document: A single file containing one or more sheets. Documents have no provision for sharing data with other documents.

Sheet: A Sheet is the canvas on which the contents are placed. Sheets may hold one or more Tables, Shapes, Text Boxes, and Graphics.

Table: A Table in Numbers is a bounded array of cells which may be programmed to perform functions on data found in other cells, whether the other cells are in the same table or not, and without regard to what Sheet the referenced table is on. In the sense that there may be numerous tables per sheet, a Numbers Table is somewhat analogous to a Named Range in Excel. External references to cells must contain the External Table's name, and if that name isn't unique in the Document, the reference must also include the Sheet's Name.

Sheets are just a way of organizing the content. Each may be displayed as a canvas without boundaries, or they may be organized in pages in a What You See Is What You Get format. When you Print, you may Print your entire document, or a particular sheet, or a particular page.

Each Sheet may be individually formatted as either Landscape or Portrait, and all pages in a given Sheet must have the same orientation.

Does that touch on any of your questions?

Jerry

Nov 7, 2012 9:34 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thank you.

I will have to read your reply a few times to fully understand.

Please see my Pic att' .

As you can see, at the bottom I have 4 Sheets,

In every Sheet there is 3 tables , The Left table in every sheet is the total of the other two.

The Main SHEET - HOME, in the Pic' head Includes 3 Tables , The tables contains the Total of the left table of Sheets 1-4

1.Sorry for the bad Pic..

User uploaded file

2. Is my explanation OK ?

Thanks again,

Ronen

Nov 11, 2012 8:54 AM in response to rony-z

Changing bar colours:

User uploaded file

Select the chart.

On the table, select the small coloured square for the colour you wish to change (circled).

Click the Color Well indicated by the arrow above to open the Color palette.

Choose the new colour.

Repeat for each bar you want to change.

For a wider colour selection, use the Graphic Inspector and the Color pane. See the Numbers '09 User Guide for details. The guide may be downloaded via the Help menu in Numbers '09.

Regards,

Barry

New budget template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.