Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Use iPhone

Hi,

I got my first iPhone last month and everything was great apart from one thing, it wouldn't connect to my computer. (No it's not my computer, it is the iphones fault)

I then played around with it for a bit and found out Windows can find the phone when it is in DFU mode, great! So I tried to restore it just incase it was a software problem, big mistake.

The final stage is where everything went wrong, it prepared and started the installation then as soon as the computer could recognize the iPhone without it being in DFU mode again it went all funny, windows could not recognize the phone again.

Now it is stuck inbetween, all i've got now is a iPhone that just shows the "Connect to iTunes" (USB to iTunes) sign.

So i'm stuck, please help!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 9:06 AM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2012 9:11 AM in response to WackyJackyJack

Do you have iTunes installed on the PC you are connecting the iPhone with? The iPhone iOS drivers come installed with iTunes. You must have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer in order for your it to correctly recognize your iPhone (not just as a camera device but as an actual iPhone).

If you already have iTunes installed make sure you uninstall and re-install using the latest version. Here are the precise directions on how to do that:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Cannot Use iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.