Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workgroup names are showing up with ASCII characters in them

Hi,

When I view the network I can see all the workgroups and computers however the workgroup names are showing "/032" (without the quotes) where there would normally be spaces. I believe /032 is the ASCII value for a space but I don't know how to fix this. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:21 AM

11 replies

Nov 13, 2012 1:09 PM in response to JaimeMagiera

JaimeMagiera wrote:

Are these all groups shares from one OS X Server? What version? What happens if you reset a Workgroup's name using DSCL?

This isn't an OS X Server. Not sure how the topic got moved here. Those are all windows workgroups containing windows computers with shares.

JaimeMagiera wrote:

Also, did you generate these workgroup's somehow when you created them (like via script)?

They automatically populate in the network when connected

Workgroup names are showing up with ASCII characters in them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.