Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the account, my MacBook Pro is listed under?

I recently bought my MacBook Pro from a friend. It is the Mid Summer 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro. I tried to register it with my ID but I could not do that because it said that it was already registered with a different ID.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:16 AM

12 replies

Nov 6, 2012 11:19 AM in response to DGundelach

The MacBook is registered to your friend's Apple ID. Ask your friend to go to http://appleid.apple.com, login with her/his Apple ID and unregister the computer. Then, go to this website, login with your Apple ID and register the computer. You have to purchase iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand and Mountain Lion because they're registered to your friend's Apple ID and you can't transfer programs to an Apple ID

Feb 4, 2013 11:20 PM in response to DGundelach

Hi everyone,
i bought my Macbook pro as used and was not aware of the problem of registering the products.

now that i need to register the MBPro to my Apple ID and the seller is not availble to remove the product from his ID.

is there any possibility of removing the product from his ID and registering it to mine with his involvement.

Thank you for your support.

How do I change the account, my MacBook Pro is listed under?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.