Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove the copyright from photos

I have inadvertantly put thecopyright symbol and name on the bottom of a number of photos.

I'm not sure how that happened .... but it did.

How do I batch delete that symbol from the photos?

I running Aperture 2, iMac with 10.06.08 as the OS

Thank you in advance.

Please relpy here and to

<Email Edited by Host>

iMac 20", Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:22 PM

11 replies

Nov 7, 2012 7:12 PM in response to mo0648

That's the point of watermarks you can;t remove them without altering the image.

You never answered me as to how you added the watermark to the image in the first place so without that I can only offer a general solution.

You will need to export the images again from the library. In the export dialog make sure Show Watermark is not checked.

First select Edit as the preset and then in the Preset edit window uncheck the Show Watermark checkbox.

User uploaded file

regards

Nov 8, 2012 8:07 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Hi:

Yeah ... I suppose you might think that .. maybe I didn't explain it fully enough for you.

I take lots of photographs ... and put them on my own web site or send them out to friends and relatives, etc.

As for my question, I was advised to copyright my photos by a photographer friend of mine.

I was trying to put copyright symbol (©) on my own photos and succeeded, but it took a lot of dickering

around to figure out how it is done. I ended up with a little white rectangle on the lower right corner of each photo with the "c" and name in it. After doing it, I realized that I don't like it (it detracts from the picture) plus I rather don't care about having them copyrighted.

I don't make money out of this, I do it for enjoyment and as a hobby. Ergo, I decided to remove that white rectangle from the few photos that had it. Just couldn't figure it out.

The directions in the Aperture manual aren't really that helpful. I hadn't thought that a watermark would do the trick. I haven't had a chance to try it until today (had a cataract out yesterday) so was a little preoccupied.

In any case, thanks to Frank Caggiano for not being overly suspicious and getting me on the right track. And I appreciate your concern ,,, but I find your suggestion that I might consider robbing another photographer of their fair recognition in respect to their work somewhat offensive. So much for being innocent until proven guilty.

Nov 8, 2012 8:10 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Thanks much Frank. I appreciate your quick response. Never thought of the watermark

thingy. Couldn't figure out how to get rid of that little white rectangle in the lower right corner,

always thought of it as a spurious anomoly that I had somehow gotten in there.

And as it turned out I guess it is a watermark ... but not the kind I'm familiar with.

Thank you.

Nov 8, 2012 8:36 AM in response to mo0648

Glad it helped.

I must admit that I had suspicions similar to Kirby's mostly because of the vagueness of your responses to my questions concerning how the watermarks got on the images in the first place. I was waiting to see how this played out before saying anything.

Communicating via messages like this can at times lead to uncertainty as to the motives of the person at the other end. You'd be surprised at some of the things people ask about here, after a while we tend to get a little over sensitive. 😎

regards

Nov 8, 2012 11:24 AM in response to mo0648

And I appreciate your concern ,,, but I find your suggestion that I might consider robbing another photographer of their fair recognition in respect to their work somewhat offensive. So much for being innocent until proven guilty.

I am sure, Kirby did not want to offend you, but just wanted to get the facts straight. Unless we know for sure that everything is o.k., we cannot help, and I find it far better simply to ask, to clear the air, than to avoid answering at all.

And sadly, it is very common, that we are asked to help to break the passwords on pirated software, to reset the passphrase of stolen iPhones, to circumvent the security questions, to help install software on hardware it was not bought for, to break the filevault on the computer of the spouse, to copy video DVDs, to convert protected audio files, etc, etc.

And if we answer these questions, we are participating in the fraud. So please understand, we have to be cautious.

Cheers

Léonie

How to remove the copyright from photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.