Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mystery keystroke

Every once in a while I accidently do a keystroke that produces something I like, but I never know how I did it. It could happen to any file or I think even folder on my desk top. I'll hit a key combination by accident and a small picture of the file will open up. It's a like [command i] which I know opens up a small picture of the file and information on the files size, history, etc. But this other keystroke only opens a very nicely and minimal black window with a picture of the file. I think this feature started sometime during osX.

Thanks!

James

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:08 PM

I'm not clear on what it is you're referring to, but Command-I (Get Info) will give you information about the file, while Command-Y (Quick Look) will show you the contents of the file if OS X has a plugin for that type of file. Perhaps one of those is what you're referring to.

Regards.

4 replies

mystery keystroke

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.