Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari update 6.0.2 freezing App Store

I've seen some complaints about the Safari 6.0.2 update on ML causing an error recently while downloading. I'm trying to update using the App Store and it freezes at the point where it says it's "Installing -- Calculating" Never gets any farther. I had to force quit the App Store. I then tried downloading the update directly from the download site. It downloaded ok, but then wouldn't install because it was waiting for other updates to complete. So now I'm stuck. Trying again from the App Store immediately gets stuck in the same spot. Because it's stuck on this one install, I also can't update iPhoto because it's waiting on the other install. Any ideas how to get out of this?

DC

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:35 PM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2012 12:45 PM in response to mende1

Thanks for the quick reply! I tried that when I saw the other threads about this update. When I tried the direct downloaded package, it stopped during installation saying it had to wait until another install is completed. Since that's the only other install I've got going, I'm assuming it's waiting for the App Store to finish the update.

Safari update 6.0.2 freezing App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.