Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canvas not showing in motion 5

Hi,

I have researched this issue on all the forums and Google but did not find a solution. My last resort is here and hopefully i get an answer. This is the first time i have encountered this problem with motion 5. I use motion 5 regulary on Mac OSX 10.8 on a Mac pro. I have a three monitor setup, two monitors are connected directly via DVI to HDMI to the mac, and one is connected via USB. I usually have the time pane and project pane on one monitor and Canvas on the other. Today without doing anything when i lauched motion 5, the canvas is not showing. This is very frustrating, the option "show canvas in second display" is also grayed out. After trying everything i knew ( quitting motion, restarting computer 5 times, trashing preference files, uninstall/reinstall motion, disconnecting monitors and using just one) i give up and came here. I am not sure what i am doing wrong, and this is the first time this is happening. I have the latest version installed and everything is up to date. Please help if anyone encountered this issue and fixed it. Thanks in advance for any help. I have a big project i need to finish.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Dual Intel Xeon 6 GB Ram

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:43 PM

13 replies

Nov 6, 2012 6:25 PM in response to Doug470

This happen to me a few weeks ago and this is how I fixed it.

Try this... Make a new user account on your Mac. If the canvas shows in Motion using the new user account do this:

1) Go to the Finder Menu, Go...

2) Hold down the Option key...

3) Go... Library....

User uploaded file

4) Application Support... Motion... Layouts... Modified... Delete Default.ModuleLayout and delete Motion.saved.moduleLayout files.

User uploaded file

Restart Motion and see if that works for you.

Nov 30, 2012 2:21 AM in response to Doug470

Hi I am reasonably new to mac but getting there. I have been using Motion5 for a few months and have experienced this issue to the point now where I can not fix it. I have read various post and all mention accessing the motion 5 folder within appication support folder.

There is no Motion folder within the Application Support folder. I cant seem to find an option to show hidden files....

The paths I have tried look at bit like this:

Mac HD>users>MYNAME> Nothing here to help.....

Mac HD>Library> No Motion folder....

Mac HD>Library>Application Support> No Motion folder....

Please help, Keep it simple for me.

Im using OSX version 10.8.2

Motion 5.0.5

Dec 4, 2012 7:38 AM in response to Doug470

Hi, just to keep this thread live, I have had motion 5 on my macbook pro since i got it a year and half ago, had the perfect dual monitor setup going. . . . came to use it this afternoon and couldnt get my canvas to show, same issue as described above. Thanks for the resolve, these kind of issues seem to appear more and more often these days with apple products, id like to know what just suddenly triggers these little bugs.

Steve

Canvas not showing in motion 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.