Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase 13" MBP (2012) to "factory settings"?

I need to erase this (and want to do the 7-pass-erase, as I've always done with previous computers) so as to sell it. I've always had DVDs come with my MBP computers, but this one didn't, and it was purchased new from an Apple Store (with Lion installed). Do I need to purchase Lion DVDs to truly accomplish this?

Many thanks for whatever assistance you can offer.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:19 PM

Restart your system into the Recovery HD (Command + R). From there use Disk Utilities to erase the Macintosh HD. Then, back out to the OS X Utilities menu and Reinstall Mac OS X. After the install completes and the system restarts to the configuration process, shutdown and you're all set to sell.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2012 1:19 PM in response to Honore

Restart your system into the Recovery HD (Command + R). From there use Disk Utilities to erase the Macintosh HD. Then, back out to the OS X Utilities menu and Reinstall Mac OS X. After the install completes and the system restarts to the configuration process, shutdown and you're all set to sell.

Erase 13" MBP (2012) to "factory settings"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.