Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Magic Mouse With Windows 7 64 bit and Parallels Desktop 8 questions

I will be getting an iMac in the coming months and installing Parallels Desktop 8 and Windows 7 64 bit.

I was wondering if I would have the functions of been able to left click, right click, scroll (preferably vertically but also occasionally horizontally) with the Apple Magic Mouse when I'm running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8?

I just wondered if anyone has installed Parallels Desktop 8 and Windows 7 and have you been able to do what i mentioned above and also have you come across any other issues, problems whilst using the Apple Magic Mouse on the Windows side?

If there is any problems/issues with doing the above, is there anything I will need to do to get the above functionality to work?

Thanks in advance.

Windows Vista, iPad (3rd Gen) 32GB iPhone 5 32GB

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:13 AM

9 replies

Nov 9, 2012 9:25 AM in response to tal1971

I'm using Parallels 8 Win 7 64 bit, on an iMac.

- leftclick and rightclick is working

- i miss the middle button in my cad-software

The same with the trackpad!

Sometimes scrolling is a bit too fast, becuase Win 7 isn't made to use with the Magicmouse or trackpad.

The only thing i miss / doesn't work ist the middle mouse button!

Nov 10, 2012 1:39 AM in response to stz-42

stz-42 wrote:

I'm using Parallels 8 Win 7 64 bit, on an iMac.

- leftclick and rightclick is working

- i miss the middle button in my cad-software

The same with the trackpad!

Sometimes scrolling is a bit too fast, becuase Win 7 isn't made to use with the Magicmouse or trackpad.

The only thing i miss / doesn't work ist the middle mouse button!

Thanks very much for the help stz-42 its much appreciated.

Providing I can left click, right click, scroll, then that's OK for me as I will be spending the vast amount of my time on the Mac side.

Are you able to scroll both horizontally and vertically when using Parallels 8 Win 7 64 bit on your iMac?

Nov 13, 2012 3:29 PM in response to stz-42

Thanks very much for the help and the update sty-42, really appreciate it.

Nice to know that I'll be able to left click, right click and also scroll in both directions too with Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop.

I don't plan on been in the Windows side that much, so if there is any little announces I can put up with it. My girlfriend will probably use the Windows side more than I will as she has cd roms for her card making hobby and these only run on Windows.

Thanks again for the help, you've really helped me.

Using Apple Magic Mouse With Windows 7 64 bit and Parallels Desktop 8 questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.